Vacs Software keyboard Controls:
1. Vertical Scroll: Right Click Hold over the Zoom View window, and a GOLD Scroll Ball appears. The farther away from the Scroll Ball you get, the faster the modules scroll up and down. On a Wheel Mouse, the Wheel can be used to scroll, or push and hold the Wheel down and move the Mouse up or down, for manual scrolling.
2. Horizontal Scroll: Pressing the Left or Right Arrow Keys in the Zoom View, will page over the number of Channels showing in the Zoom View window. Hold down the Shift Key while pressing the Left or Right Arrow Keys, to scroll over one module at a time.
3. Down Arrow Up Arrow: Pressing the keyboard Down Arrow Key, displays the Subgroups (Matrix). Pressing the Up Arrow Key, displays the Input Channels starting with Channel #1.
4. Stereo linking: Applies to the left and right controls on a module, that are Stereo Linked. (up-down arrows, data-windows, etc.) Hold down the Shift key for discrete left and right control. Hold down the Alt key for moving the left and right controls in the opposite direction (panning).
5. Show Sequence Window button: Opens the Sequence pop-up window, which can be re-sized and re-positioned and saved with the Mix file. First make control changes, then push the Add button, to make a new Sequence Scene with those control changes in it. To rearrange Scenes Highlight the Scene you want to move, push Play, push Delete,Highlight the Scene above the place, where you wish to Insert it and push Add. Right mouse click on a Sequence Scene, for functions and Rename. Rename using the /0000 to control the Crossfade Times. (/0100 = 100ms Crossfade Time, /0500 = 500ms Crossfade Tile, etc.) Once the Next or Previous button on the sequencer has been pushed, (to set the up or down direction), push the Spacebar to step through the Sequence Scene's. Only works this way when the Sequence window is Active.
6. Show Group Window button: Opens the Groups View pop-up window, which can be re-sized and re-positioned and saved with the Mix file. Assign Modules to a Group by clicking the left mouse button on the Channel Name Bar of each module the user want's in the Group. Push the Add button in the Groups View window, to save a new Group, and highlight a number button ( 1-8 ) on the Tool Bar. Click the right mouse button on the Channel Name Bar to de-select. Use the Keyboard UP and DOWN Arrows to Preview the Groups in the List. Push the Green G on the Tool Bar to Cancel the Groups.
7. Open Zoom console button: Opens a new Zoom View window, which can be re-sized and re-positioned and saved with the Mix file. The Zoom Windows:1 on the Tool Bar shows how many Zoom View windows are open.
8. Open Full console button: Opens the Full View window, which can be re-sized and re-positioned and saved with the Mix file. Click different areas on the Full View, for instant access on the Zoom View.
9. Space Bar: While the Zoom View window or Full View windows is Active, press the Space Bar to step down through the Sequence Scene List. Hold down the Shift Key and press the Space Bar to step up the List.
10. Shift Key: Hold down the Shift key to make a change, to just one of the controls, on Stereo Linked or Grouped controls. Hold down the Shift Key while the VACS Client/Server Setup window, is on the screen, and Vacs will open up with all the controls, in the CONSOLE DEFAULT positions.
11. Channel and other Name Assignment text fields: Text is assignable when the user is in the Zoom View window. Click on the right side of the default text, to rename it with new text. Click on the right side of the text again, and type in the new text. (Backswipe or Backspace Key can also be used to remove the old text). After new text is in, Hit Enter.
12. Moving Modules: By holding down the CTRL Key and using the left mouse button, you can select any Module and re-position it anywhere within the Zoom View window. NOTE: Module position changes do NOT tract between windows, so you need to re-position the Modules in each window to match.
13. F Keys: Hold down the Shift Key and pushing F1 through F9 Keys, will save the current Windows Positions. To recall just push F1 through F9 Keys.
14. Safe button: When the Safe button is pushed-in
on an Input Channel, the sequencer does not effect that Channel.